We are very lucky to have Rajiv Satyal, who will be our featured guest at our next event! Rajiv is a stand-up comedian, former NAAAP Cincinnati member, and former P&Ger. Catch him on the Bob and Tom show on Monday April 14th and at the Aronoff Center on Saturday April 19! Here’s a little pre-Q&A with Rajiv before his appearance with us. Join us at the MadTree Brewing Taproom to enjoy a local craft brew and talk to the P&Ger turned comedian yourself!
1. Say something funny. SOMETHING? I THINK I KNOW HIM. CHINESE GUY, RIGHT? SOME THING?
2. What’s one good story of a famous person you hung out with (other than yourself) EVA LONGORIA TOLD ME I WAS HILARIOUS. SEE ATTACHED PIC. I CAN DEF TELL THAT STORY.
3. Tell us something about NAAAP Cincinnati back when you were part of it. I DON’T REMEMBER. MIGHT’VE BEEN ASLEEP. TAKING A NAAAP.
4. What did you learn from your career at P&G that you apply to your comedy? MY ONE-PAGE RECOS REALLY WERE BETTER AFTER THE 17TH REVISION. SAME THING WITH JOKES. HONE AND HONE AND HONE… AND YOU’VE GOT A HIT.
5. How has being Asian influenced your career change? Your current career? IT WAS INITIALLY HARDER TO MAKE THE LEAP GIVEN WE’RE RISK-AVERSE. BUT BECAUSE WE’RE “DIVERSE,” IT GIVES YOU A LEG UP IN THE WHOLE “IF YOU CAN’T FIT IN, STAND OUT*” GAME. (*OR STAND UP.)